We have all experienced the disappointment and inconvenience of getting in the shower only to be confronted with freezing cold water. Sometimes this issue is because someone else is in the shower or running a tap at the same time, but occasionally it’s a sign that your hot water system is on its way out and might require replacement. The typical life span of a hot water system these days is around 10 years.
Signs that your hot water system requires replacing:
• The water from the tap is coming out a rusty brown colour
• There is no power to your hot water system
• The water is muddy and contains sediment
• Your hot water system is making strange noises (this should be checked immediately by a licensed plumber)
• The pilot light goes out frequently
• The hot water has a strange smell and or taste
• There is water pooling around the base or top of the system. In this case, your system should be turned off straight away. (this should be check immediately by a licensed plumber)
Regular maintenance can help increase the longevity of the system and ensure the correct operation. You will save yourself a lot of time and money if you replace your system BEFORE it stops working for good. Unfortunately hot water system failure is often when you least expect it and at the most inconvenient time!
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms above, call our friendly team in the office and schedule a visit with our hot water technician. No matter what time day or night, Network Plumbing are available to help with with all of your hot water system emergencies.