Sydney Level 1 Water Restrictions Are On
SYDNEY’S LEVEL 1 WATER RESTRICTIONS – HOW DOES THIS AFFECT YOU?
Under The Restrictions We Cannot:
- Use sprinklers at any time
- Leave hoses running unattended
- Wash vehicles or buildings with a hose that isn’t fitted with a trigger nozzle
- Clean hard surfaces such as driveways, paved areas
- Fill a new or renovated pool or spa with a capacity of 10,000 litres unless you have an approved pool cover
Apart from following these rules… what other simple things can we do to save water and help out Sydney?
- Place a bucket in your shower to collect water. Use this to water your garden.
- Wash your vegetables and fruit in a plugged sink versus a running tap.
- Wash your car on your lawn so you’re watering your garden at the same time.
- Check your taps and pipes for leaks. Nearly 1 billion litres of water is lost every day in Australia due to leaking taps and pipes.
- Scrape your dishes into the bin rather than rinsing them before washing.
For More Information, head to the Sydney Water Website: